Both MBBS and MD are primary medical qualifications. Both MD and MBBS is the same but are recognized by different countries. (See ECFMG list of degrees recognized). MBBS is the British system of education whereas MD is the American system of education.
Why choose Philippines to study Medicine?
- Medium of instruction is English
- MIC recognized and listed in WHO (World Health Organization)
- Affordable cost of education
- Excellence hands-on practice
- Ideal student to patient ratio
- Tropical climate with a disease pattern similar to India
- Follows American system of education
- Easy accessibility through several daily flights
- Philippines is the largest supplier of Medical doctors to the U.S.
- Established in the year 1976 and has been into medical education for the past 39 years
- Only medical college in the province with a population of 1.5 million
- First in Philippines to provide automated simulation mannequin stations for clinical learning
- Ranks No.6 amongst the top performing medical schools of Philippines
- Offers excellent clinical training in hospitals with more than 3000 beds
- Accredited by PASCAU (Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities)
- The only university with 2000 Indian students studying medicine
- Separate hostel facility for both boys and girls
What is the degree offered?
Doctor of Medicine (MD), as per the American curriculum which is equivalent to MBBS in India.
What is the total duration of the course?
5 years and 4 months followed by one year of internship.
What is the eligibility for admission?
12th Grade or equivalent with a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects and pass in English. For a student from reserved category, minimum 50% of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is sufficient.
Can I complete my internship in India?
Yes. After undertaking the Screening Test and procuring the Provisional Registration of the MCI, you can complete your internship in India.
Can I practice in India on my return?
Yes, only after the successful completion of Screening test and Internship, the student is eligible to register with the MIC and the State Medical Council and can practice in India.
Are there any extra fees for the Screening Test?
The nominal exam fees are to be borne by the students.
What happens if a student fails to clear the Screening Test?
A student can appear any number of times for the Screening Test. Usually, students who passed the MD degree are expected to clear this screening test in their first attempt.
Can I get a job in the Government hospitals or allied Medical Institutions in India?
Yes, upon the registration with MCI/State Councils, the student is eligible for any Government job.
Can a student avail educational loan? If yes, what are the procedures?
Yes, educational loans are available from all nationalized and scheduled banks. The students have to apply directly at the place of their permanent residence. Transworld will assist the student in procuring the loan by providing all necessary documents required from the university.
Can a student take USMLE?
Yes. Graduates from DMSF are eligible for appearing for USMLE.
Are there hostel facilities available in these Universities?
Yes, separate hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls.
Will I as an Indian student be able to adjust to hostel facilities in the Philippines?
Yes, separate and exclusive hostel facilities has been customized for Indian students with Indian cuisine.
What is the tuition fee for the entire course duration?
The tuition fee for the course is Rs. 3, 25, 000 per annum.
Will there be exposure to real life cases?
Yes, the curriculum for the fourth year involves compulsory clinical rotations which allow the students for hands-on practice in hospitals with 3000 beds.
Do I have to give any entrance exams before enrolling for the MD program?
Yes, students have to appear for NMAT exams before enrolling in the MD Program.
My English is not fluent. How will I be able to cope in an English speaking country?
Special arrangements are made for spoken English training and students from vernacular medium of instructions will also be able to cope in the Philippines.